Custom ActivityBar Study - October 14, 2013
While the Dow Jones has experienced an increase in volatility with the U.S. government shutdown, it is interesting to take a step back and see how recent activity relates to past trading activity.
The chart reveals a custom ActivityBar study that shows the cumulative price distribution of the E-mini Dow Futures Continuous Contract (@YM) for about the last 3 months with no volume filter. The distribution reveals 2 mounts and the current price action is right in-between.
This may suggest that the Futures contract may be range bound in the near future, roughly from 14,900 to 15,300 (see highlighted area in the chart). By the way, these levels could go unnoticed on a regular price chart. Also, a break to the upside or to the downside could generate a sharp continued move in the same direction.
You can read more of this blog here.Written by Frederic Palmliden, CMT, Senior Quantitative Analyst, TradeStation. Follow TradeStation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV