In recognition of Careers in Energy Week, energy companies, educational institutions and energy-focused organizations across Illinois are collaborating on a variety of programs to educate students, families and businesses about how energy companies operate and contribute to the local economy, and the current and future career opportunities they can provide.
The weeklong celebration is part of a nationwide effort by the Center for Energy Workforce Development (CEWD) to increase awareness of careers in the energy field. The CEWD is a non-profit consortium of electric, natural gas and nuclear utilities and their associations formed in 2006 to develop solutions to the coming utility industry workforce shortage. Through a partnership with the National Energy Foundation, CEWD is providing middle and high school teachers lesson plans and materials covering energy sources and how energy is generated for Careers in Education Week.
Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC) is the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with 2012 revenues of approximately $23.5 billion. Headquartered in Chicago, Exelon has operations and business activities in 47 states, the District of Columbia and Canada. Exelon is one of the largest competitive U.S. power generators, with approximately 35,000 megawatts of owned capacity comprising one of the nation’s cleanest and lowest-cost power generation fleets. The company’s Constellation business unit provides energy products and services to approximately 100,000 business and public sector customers and approximately 1 million residential customers. Exelon’s utilities deliver electricity and natural gas to more than 6.6 million customers in central Maryland (BGE), northern Illinois (ComEd) and southeastern Pennsylvania (PECO).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV