News Summary: Eurozone Industrial Output Rebounds
By The Associated Press
PRODUCTION UP: Industrial output across the eurozone rebounded 1 percent in August, the largest amount since July 2011. The increase reported by the European Union's statistics office recouped July's equivalent decline.
CAN IT LAST?: The increase shifts attention to the September report. Recent surveys have suggested that the sector continued to grow during September despite headwinds facing the eurozone, such as high government debt and near-record unemployment in many countries.
THE OUTLOOK: The economy of the 17 European Union countries that use the euro emerged from its longest-ever recession in the second quarter, when it grew 0.3 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV