NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) reports earnings Tuesday. TheStreet's Jim Cramer told Brittany Umar it is one of his favorite stocks and a holding in the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio he co-manages.
Cramer said CEO Alex Gorsky has revolutionized the company in a very short period of time, with potential growth of 8%. Most big pharmaceutical companies have growth of 3% to 5%.
Cramer said Johnson & Johnson has many praiseworthy qualities: new products, possible spinoffs, a 3% dividend yield and a top-notch balance sheet. However, the company's fast-growing segments are buried by its slow-growing consumer products segment.
After pulling back from $94, Cramer advised that if investors can get the stock at $85, they should "pull the trigger."-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV