Jim Cramer: The President's Cavalier Bet
So it is hard for me to envision a case in which the market shouldn't be down much more as we approach the debt-ceiling deadline. It should be falling at least as much as it gained, if not more so, because the downside is asymmetrical. The dip seems too shallow without more concrete information that I think no one actually knows.
Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published at 8:29 a.m. EDT on Real Money on Oct. 14.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV