NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There are 67 companies on the S&P 500 reporting earnings this week and TheStreet's Brittany Umar, Jill Malandrino and Andrew Krill break down the big names to watch.
The consumer price index (CPI) data is expected to be released at 8:30 a.m. EDT on Wednesday and Pepsico (PEP) will report earnings before the open.American Express (AXP) and eBay (EBAY) will report following the close. Housing starts and building permits data could shed light on the housing market at 8:30 a.m. EDT on Thursday. Goldman Sachs (GS) and Verizon (VZ) will report earnings in the morning, while Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) and Google (GOOG) will report after the close. Friday isn't quiet, with Morgan Stanley (MS), General Electric (GE) and Schlumberger (SLB) all reporting before the open. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV