American Water Works Company, Inc. (NYSE: AWK), the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, announced today that its American Water Resources of Florida subsidiary is offering its Water Line and Sewer Line Protection Programs to homeowners in Florida.
The nation’s water and wastewater infrastructure is in desperate need of repair and replacement. According to the American Society of Civil Engineers’ Report Card for America’s Infrastructure, more than 7 billion gallons of treated drinking water is lost to leaks in utility pipes every day across the country. As of 2010, 45 percent of all pipes are in poor shape according to the National Association of Water Companies and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Similarly, homeowners’ pipes are also experiencing leaks and breaks due to age, tree roots and shifting soil due to weather and climate changes.
American Water Resources of Florida’s Water Line Protection and Sewer Line Protection Programs provide homeowners with comprehensive protection from the costs associated with leaks and breaks in water lines, as well as clogs or blockages in sewer lines running through their property.
American Water Resources of Florida is offering homeowners the following programs:
- The Water Line Protection Program enrollment is $5 per month and covers up to $5,000 in repairs.
- The Sewer Line Protection Program enrollment is $9 per month and covers up to $8,000 in repairs.
- Combined enrollment in both programs is available for $12 per month and includes the same coverage as the individual programs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts