AKRON, Ohio, Oct. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT) today announced that its Board of Directors has elected four members of the company's senior leadership to new roles, effective December 1, 2013.
Executive vice president and chief financial officer Darren R. Wells has been named president of Goodyear's Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) business unit. Arthur de Bok, currently president of the company's EMEA business, will assume a new role as senior vice president, responsible for driving standardized and integrated sales and marketing processes across Goodyear. Laura K. Thompson, vice president of finance, North America, will succeed Wells as executive vice president and chief financial officer. Damon J. Audia, senior vice president of business development, will succeed Thompson as senior vice president of finance in Goodyear's North America business."The succession moves we are announcing today place proven Goodyear leaders in key roles that will enable us to stay on our Strategy Roadmap and maintain our positive momentum," said Goodyear Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard J. Kramer. "We are confident that these leaders will continue to deliver on our business objectives and create sustainable value for our shareholders." Commenting further on the appointments, Kramer said: "I am pleased to have Darren taking over leadership of the EMEA business. He has been a key leader in the company's strategic journey over the past 11 years and has worked as a valued business partner with me and the rest of Goodyear's leadership team. He is well-versed in our Strategy Roadmap and his in-depth knowledge of our global business will help him leverage the company's global capabilities in driving improved results in the EMEA business. I have full confidence in Darren continuing to drive results in his new role.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV