BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Bring on the earnings. Maybe they'll be enough to distract investors from the shenanigans taking place on Capitol Hill.
Yes, it's earnings season once again, that time each quarter when companies reveal their performance numbers to Wall Street. Earnings are one of only four times each year when fundamental investors get a snapshot of how their companies are doing, so it's not a huge surprise that earnings season comes with the potential to really impact share prices.
With a whole new debt-ceiling debacle threatening to derail the stock rally of 2013, the buying impact from good fundamental growth would be pretty welcome right now.But to take full advantage of the next round of earnings releases, we're not just jumping in ahead of the next earnings release. Instead, we're turning to a new set of Rocket Stock names. >>Why I'm Sticking By Dow 55,000 For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 218 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 89.5%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV