Trade-Ideas: IntercontinentalExchange (ICE) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- ICE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $175.2 million.
- ICE has traded 671,624 shares today.
- ICE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ICE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ICE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ICE: IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. operates regulated global markets and clearing houses primarily in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Brazil. ICE has a PE ratio of 24.1. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate IntercontinentalExchange a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for IntercontinentalExchange has been 578,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. IntercontinentalExchange has a market cap of $13.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 16.7% with 13.37 days to cover. Shares are up 45.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IntercontinentalExchange as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $231.57 million or 28.70% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The net income increased by 7.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $143.16 million to $153.32 million.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, ICE is up 42.98% to its most recent closing price of 188.03. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- INTERCONTINENTALEXCHANGE INC has improved earnings per share by 7.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, INTERCONTINENTALEXCHANGE INC increased its bottom line by earning $7.52 versus $6.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.06 versus $7.52).
- You can view the full IntercontinentalExchange Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.