NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Over the next four days I will provide my buy-and-trade earnings previews for 38 companies of interest that report quarterly results this week. Among these companies are 14 from the finance sector, six from the computer and technology sector, three each from the medical, the multi-sector conglomerates and transportation sectors, two from the consumer staples and retail-wholesale sectors and one each from the construction, consumer discretionary, industrial products, oils-energy and utilities sectors.
Today's earnings preview covers two stocks each in the finance, transportation and computer and technology sectors and one each in the medical and consumer staples sectors.
We begin the week with the persistent overvalued condition we call a ValuEngine valuation warning with 77.2% of all stocks overvalued 42.9% by 20% or more.
The finance sector is 18.1% overvalued with an equal-weight rating.The transportation sector is 23.2% overvalued with an 'avoid-source of funds' rating with 74.7% of the 178 stocks in the sector rated sell or strong sell. The computer and technology sector is 23.3% overvalued with an overweight rating with 47.5% of the 1160 stocks in the sector rated buy or strong buy. The medical sector is 20.5% overvalued with an equal-weight rating. The consumer staple sector is 16.2% overvalued with an overweight rating with 51% of the 263 stocks in the sector rated buy or strong buy.
Reading the TableOV/UN Valued: Stocks with a red number are undervalued by this percentage. Those with a black number are overvalued by that percentage according to ValuEngine. VE Rating: A "1-engine" rating is a strong sell, a "2-engine" rating is a sell, a "3-engine" rating is a hold, a "4-engine" rating is a buy and a "5-engine" rating is a strong buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV