President And Mrs. Carter Visit Union Beach, N.J. During 30th Annual Jimmy And Rosalynn Carter Work Project
UNION BEACH, N.J., Oct. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- President and Mrs. Carter joined nearly 150 volunteers today to help build and repair homes in Union Beach, N.J., as part of Habitat for Humanity's 30th annual Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter Work Project.
http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131012/CL96641 ) (Logo:
Union Beach was significantly impacted by Superstorm Sandy, leaving many homes damaged or demolished. The Carters and the volunteers worked to repair homes damaged by the storm. Additionally, one new home was being built to replace a home that was destroyed.
Habitat's Carter Work kicked off earlier in the week on Sunday and took place in Oakland, and San Jose, Calif.; Denver; and New York City.About Habitat for Humanity International Habitat for Humanity International's vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Anchored by the conviction that safe and affordable housing provides a critical foundation for breaking the cycle of poverty, Habitat has helped more than 3 million people construct, rehabilitate or preserve homes since 1976. Habitat also advocates for fair and just housing policies and provides training and access to resources to help more families improve their shelter conditions. As a nonprofit Christian housing organization, Habitat works in more than 70 countries and welcomes people of all races, religions and nationalities to partner in its mission. To get more information, to donate or to volunteer, please visit habitat.org.
SOURCE Habitat for Humanity International
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV