Get Those Cards Trumping; What's the Plan?: Jim Cramer's Best Blogs
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- the Republican debate and
- resolving U.S. debt.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
The Trump Cards Have Been PlayedPosted at 1:15 p.m. EDT on Thursday, Oct. 10 I'm handicapped here. I never like to buy up 200 Dow points, even when it is from a much higher level and therefore a smaller percentage. But the short base is huge. And who can blame the shorts. Until yesterday the president didn't seem to be able to budge the GOP. But nobody can handle being blamed for Social Security checks being withheld and doctors' payments delayed. It seems that the Tea Party is very powerful in its ability to terrorize the Speaker of the House into submission, but between the haranguing of the 90-or-so members of Congress who fit the description of small-government stalwarts and the blame of delaying Social Security and Medicare, well, let's just say that trying to trim entitlements is a lot different from not paying them. I am sure that in some corridors of the Republican Party last night it dawned on the leadership that the challenge isn't from the insurgents once the third rail is played, the challenge is from the Democrats. Even members of gerrymandered districts where social issues rule don't want their government checks delayed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV