Statement By The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister Of Canadian Heritage And Official Languages, On The Occasion Of The Vancouver International Film Festival Awards
VANCOUVER, Oct. 11, 2013 /CNW/ - The 32 nd Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) recognized the outstanding talent and creativity in film on display throughout the 16-day event by presenting industry professionals with several high-profile awards.
Since 1982, VIFF has showcased the best of Canadian and international films and has played host to industry professionals from around the globe.
Our Government knows that film and television productions are essential to the strength of our cultural life and our economic future. In 2011-2012, film and television production in Canada was valued at $5.9 billion, and the industry supported an estimated 132,500 full-time jobs. We are proud to invest more than $600 million in this sector every year.
On behalf of Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Government of Canada, I commend the work of the Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society and congratulate the talented nominees and winners of this year's awards.SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV