Flying Tigers Historical Organization (FTHO) And Chennault Aviation & Military Museum (CAAM) Honored At A Gala Reception At The Embassy Of The People's Republic Of China, Washington D.C.
WASHINGTON, Oct. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The gala was held at the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Washington, DC. Also honored were American and Chinese veterans of the heroic Flying Tigers led by General Claire Lee Chennault. FTHO Chairman Major General James Whitehead, Larry Jobe, President of FTHO and Nell Calloway Director of CAAM presented special commemorative awards to Anna Chennault, the wife of General Chennault, and Catherine Stevens, the wife of former U.S. Senator Ted Stevens, a former Flying Tiger pilot. In addition, several Flying Tiger veterans received service awards, including Frank Losonsky, Paul Crawford and Jerry Yellin.
Both the FTHO and CAMM are strong supporters of closer ties between the USA and China and especially promoting awareness among both Chinese and Americans regarding the Flying Tigers's heroic story. Also present from FTHO was Vice President K.C. Ma, and Director Michael F. Bianco plus U.S. Senator David Vitter and U.S. Representative Joe Wilson, son of a Flying Tiger veteran.
Major General Whitehead said, "The Flying Tiger Historical Organization in partnership with the Chennault Aviation & Military Museum are grateful for the reception being held in our honor at the Embassy of the People's Republic of China. It is through events such as this that we will continue to build on a past special relationship between the Chinese and American people for a better understanding in the future."
Donors to FTHO & CAMM were Northrop Grumman, Chinese internet giant Sohu.com, Hezhan Group and from a Chinese-New Zealand artist an original oil painting from his "Universe" series.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV