Obama Talks With Governors And Business Leaders
WASHINGTON (AP) â¿¿ President Barack Obama is discussing challenges from the partial government shutdown with governors and business leaders.
The White House says Obama had a conference call on Friday afternoon with 25 governors and another with nearly 150 business leaders as the shutdown was in its 11th day. Obama also met at the White House with nine small business owners and heard about challenges they are facing in running their operations in the midst of the shutdown.
The White House says Obama spoke with the bipartisan group of state leaders about the shutdown's impact on state budgets.
And the White House says in both calls and the meeting, the president reiterated that he's prepared to negotiate on the economy but that it shouldn't be under the threat of a fiscal crisis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV