SM Energy Company (NYSE: SM) today announces that its Board of Directors has approved a semi-annual cash dividend of $0.05 per share of common stock outstanding. The dividend will be paid on November 6, 2013, to stockholders of record as of the close of business on October 25, 2013. The Company currently has approximately 67.0 million shares of common stock outstanding.
The Company has paid cash dividends to its stockholders every year since 1940. The Board of Directors plans to continue making semi-annual dividend payments at the rate of $0.05 per share for the foreseeable future, subject in its sole discretion to future earnings, capital requirements, financial condition, contractual obligations, and other factors.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
SM Energy Company is an independent energy company engaged in the
acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil,
natural gas, and natural gas liquids in onshore North America. SM Energy
routinely posts important information about the Company on its website.
For more information about SM Energy, please visit its website at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV