NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Chipmaker Micron Technology (MU) shares shed 8.6% in Friday trading after posting fourth-quarter earnings a day earlier. Net income for the period ended Aug. 29 was $1.71 billion, or $1.51 a share, compared with a net loss of $243 million, or 24 cents a share, for the year-ago quarter.
Profits were less than hoped for as the company has seen exponential growth in the year to date, in part due to a rise in chip prices and a shortage of dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) chips.
Also depressing share prices, Wells Fargo downgraded its rating to "underperform" from "market perform" on Friday.
TheStreet Ratings team rates Micron Technology Inc as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate Micron Technology Inc (MU) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MU Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV