Auctioneer John Dixon: Sale Of $4.46 Million In Real Estate At Georgia Auction Points To Rising Prices
ATLANTA, Oct. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Buyers snapped up 52 bank-owned properties Wednesday for $4.46 million in a John Dixon & Associates auction that could point to growing strength in the real estate market.
"There's no question that bidders are turning out in greater numbers, and bidding more aggressively, because they realize that prices are going up, and they want to acquire these properties while they can," said John Dixon, president of the auction company.
The auction attracted about 175 to the Robson Event Center in Gainesville for the auction of real estate in 22 Georgia counties, primarily to the north and northeast of Atlanta."We had about 80 actual registered bidders live, and another 80 listening to the auction and bidding on the Internet. About half the properties sold to Internet bidders," said Dixon. "We're seeing a broader base of buyers, including large and small investors as well as people buying for their own use, such as home sites. It'll be interesting to see if this trend holds up in our next few sales," he said. Those sales include a series of auctions Oct. 22, 23 and 25 in Atlanta, Montgomery and Orlando. Details of those and other auctions may be found at www.johndixon.com or by calling 770-425-1141. John Dixon & Associates, based in Atlanta, with offices in Tallahassee and Chattanooga, is a leading auctioneer of commercial and residential properties, including homes, home sites, land and other real estate owned by banks and individuals. For more information: Carl Carter, 205-823-3273 SOURCE John Dixon & Associates
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV