But that makes politics even more important. You know, he isn't sitting there talking to Jamie Dimon about putting people to work. I don't think he has a back channel to John Stumpf at Wells Fargo (WFC). His inputs to the stock world are horrendous.
So, yes, I would LIKE to stick to stocks. But if you do that, you got everything totally wrong for the last month. If you stuck with stocks over the last few years, you lost out on every decline we have had, meaning you sat through it and created very little value for those people who are active in the market. You went down 19% in 2011 and then went back up and it sure wasn't because of earnings. Same thing last year when you went down 7%. Those were price breaks created by Washington that first had to be avoided and then had to be exploited.
Reluctantly, we have to focus more on the Capitol than on capital. I would like earnings season to be different. But that's wrong, too. It's a sideshow right now, albeit an important one. Easiest way to put it?
You gotta know both.Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long WFC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV