Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 10/15/13, Senior Housing Properties Trust (SNH) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.39, payable on 11/21/13. As a percentage of SNH's recent stock price of $23.84, this dividend works out to approximately 1.64%, so look for shares of Senior Housing Properties Trust to trade 1.64% lower — all else being equal — when SNH shares open for trading on 10/15/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for SNH, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.39 declared by Senior Housing Properties Trust:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from SNH is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 6.54% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of SNH shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, SNH's low point in its 52 week range is $21.29 per share, with $29.99 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $23.79.
Earn a FREE $100 Membership to ValueForum, Just By Telling Us About Your Favorite Stock! (Offer ends 11/10/2013)
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, SNH makes up 5.78% of the First Trust S&P REIT Index Fund ETF (FRI) which is trading lower by about 0.3% on the day Friday. In Friday trading, Senior Housing Properties Trust shares are currently off about 0.6% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV