Driven to help end child hunger in the communities where ConAgra Foods employees live and work, the ConAgra Foods Foundation has awarded its 2013 Nourish Our Community Grants to 18 nonprofit organizations nationwide. Awards in 2013 totaled $284,000.
This year marks the 20 th anniversary for the Nourish Our Community Grants program 1, which is designed to empower ConAgra Foods employees to recognize and support nonprofits making significant impact in their communities. In fact, ConAgra Foods employees are a central part of the grants process. Individuals or groups across company locations nominate local organizations that meet general eligibility criteria; from there, a cross-functional employee committee reviews and selects the grant recipients. While any non-profit organization that is working to address community needs is eligible for funding, preference is given to those that seek to provide children with access to the food and facts they need to eat nutritiously, live balanced lifestyles and succeed in school and life.
“ConAgra Foods employees volunteer an incredible amount of their time and resources to nonprofits that are helping their friends and neighbors,” said Kori Reed, vice president, ConAgra Foods Foundation. “The Nourish Our Community Grants enable the ConAgra Foods Foundation and ConAgra Foods employees to recognize and maximize the work these organizations are doing to improve their communities.”
This year, the ConAgra Foods Foundation awarded Nourish Our Community Grants ranging from $3,500 to $25,000. Recipients include:
- Boys & Girls Club of Benton and Franklin Counties in Pasco, Wash.
- Christ Central Ministries, Nehemiah Project in West Columbia, S.C.
- Community Child Development Center, Inc. in Macon, Mo.
- Community Food Pantry in Marshall, Mo.
- Community Services of Moses Lake, Inc. in Moses Lake, Wash.
- Dare to Care, Inc. in Louisville, Ky.
- Dunlap Community Food Pantry in Dunlap, Iowa
- El Pasoans Fighting Hunger in El Paso, Texas
- Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas in Jonesboro, Ark.
- Forestville Food Pantry in Forestville, N.Y.
- Hope Center for Kids, Inc. in Omaha, Neb.
- Humboldt Area Rescue Squad in Humboldt, Tenn.
- Milton Public Library in Milton, Pa.
- Northwest Iowa Food Bank in Waterloo, Iowa
- Second Harvest Gleaners Food Bank of West Michigan, Inc. in Comstock Park, Mich.
- The Coalition for Kids, Inc. in Johnson City, Tenn.
- Union-Snyder Agency on Aging, Inc. in Lewisburg, Pa.
- Warden Food Pantry in Warden, Wash.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV