Trade-Ideas: Royal Bank Of Canada (RY) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- RY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.9 million.
- RY has traded 609,662 shares today.
- RY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RY: Royal Bank of Canada provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor and treasury, and capital markets services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. RY has a PE ratio of 12.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Royal Bank Of Canada a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Royal Bank Of Canada has been 588,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Royal Bank Of Canada has a market cap of $93.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 7.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Royal Bank Of Canada as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's revenue growth has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, ROYAL BANK OF CANADA's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ROYAL BANK OF CANADA's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, ROYAL BANK OF CANADA increased its bottom line by earning $4.96 versus $4.45 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $2,216.00 million to $2,279.00 million.
- RY, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Royal Bank Of Canada Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts