Trade-Ideas: EOG Resources (EOG) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- EOG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $256.8 million.
- EOG has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- EOG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EOG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EOG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EOG: EOG Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of crude oil and natural gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. EOG has a PE ratio of 46.8. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate EOG Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for EOG Resources has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EOG has a market cap of $46.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.51 and a short float of 1.9% with 3.86 days to cover. Shares are up 42.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EOG Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.44, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.01, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for EOG RESOURCES INC is currently very high, coming in at 82.38%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.33% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,890.78 million or 26.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.81%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 66.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $395.78 million to $659.69 million.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.