- Timely Follow-up of Abnormal Cancer Screening Results: Follow-up care for patients with abnormal tests is often delayed because the results are buried in electronic medical records. Using IBM Content Analytics, UNCHC can extract abnormal results from cancer screening reports such as mammograms and colonoscopies and store the results as structured data. The structured results are used to generate alerts immediately for physicians to proactively follow-up with patients that have abnormal cancer screening results.
- Reducing Costly 30-Day Readmissions: Preventable readmissions impact one in five U.S. patients, which adds unnecessary costs to the already strained health system 1. As of last year, hospitals are also penalized for high readmission rates, with reductions in Medicare discharge payments. UNCHC is using the IBM solution to extract predictors of readmission risk from free-text clinical notes to find more effective ways to care for high-risk patients and provide safer patient care.
- Engaging More Patients: Getting patients involved in health care management is key to improving health outcomes, but clinical data in today's patient portals is often unfiltered and hard for patients to understand. UNCHC is using IBM Content Analytics to transform clinical data from electronic medical records into a simpler format so that patients can better understand their health information and participate in their care management plan.
UNC Health Care Uses IBM Analytics To Manage Medical Data And Improve Patient Care
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts