DALLAS, Oct. 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pie Five Pizza may not be able to get Congress and the White House to agree on a budget deal -- (Full disclosure: We haven't really tried) – but we're certain everyone can agree that missing a paycheck, or a medical benefits check, can really sting.
So this weekend, we're doing something about it. From Friday, October 11, through Sunday, October 13, we're inviting all furloughed federal government employees with a valid ID to come in for a free pizza at their local Pie Five! (One free pie per customer during the promotional period.)
This isn't a Republican or Democratic thing. Heck, we think everybody should be Pie-partisan.In addition, since members of Congress have not been furloughed and continue to receive their paychecks, Pie Five invites them to come in and pay double. In fact, if they show up, we might just shame them into buying pies for everyone in the restaurant! Think we're joking? Go ahead, try us ... And yes, if the President should happen to stop by, he's paying double, too. Remember, we're Pie-partisan. We're not looking for trouble. "Listen, we're all frustrated by the nonsense going on in Washington; but the shutdown is no laughing matter for furloughed employees, so we wanted to do our part to make life a little easier on them," said Flynn Dekker, Pie Five's chief marketing officer. "So come on by this weekend, show us your government ID, pinkie promise that you've been furloughed, and your favorite personalized pie is on us." At Pie Five Pizza, guests can choose from more than a million combinations of handcrafted pizzas and a variety of specialty pie choices prepared in less than five minutes on one of four crusts. The rapidly growing chain is capitalizing on growing consumer demand for fresh dining options and artisan pizzas in stylish environments without the wait.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV