Analog Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADI), a global leader in high-performance signal processing technology, released today an FPGA-based reference design with software and HDL code that reduces the design risk of high-speed systems incorporating JESD204B-compatible converters. Called the JESD204B Xilinx Transceiver Debug Tool, it supports the 312.5-Mbps to 12.5-Gbps JESD204B data converter-to-FPGA serial data interface and Xilinx® Inc., 7 series FPGAs and Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoCs. It is available at no cost with ADI converters and provides an on-chip, 2-D statistical eyescan that helps designers of radar arrays, software-defined radio and other high-speed systems more quickly verify the signal integrity of JESD204B data converter-to-FPGA designs using gigabit transceivers.
- Download the reference design: http://www.em.avnet.com/en-us/design/drc/Pages/Analog-Devices-Linux-JESD204B-Eyescan-Software.aspx
- View a video on JESD204B A/D converters, FPGAs and eyescan diagrams: http://videos.analog.com/video/products/analog-to-digital-converters/2534598195001/High-Speed-ADC-FMC-Development-Board-with-JESD204B/
- Learn more about Xilinx FPGAs: www.xilinx.com/jesd204
“The Analog Devices JESD204B Xilinx Transceiver Debug Tool provides on-chip eyescanning that augments the test and measurement process by statistically determining signal integrity inside the FPGA,” said Revathi Narayanan, High Speed I/O product manager, Xilinx. “Where other techniques probe the outside of the FPGA package and acquire the signal before it’s been processed by Xilinx’s automatic gain control and equalizer blocks, ADI’s approach yields a more accurate result by utilizing the Xilinx transceiver on-chip eyescan feature to allow developers to monitor the signal integrity and design margin on their JESD204B links inside the FPGA.”
ADI’s reference design gathers data directly from the on-chip Rx margin analysis feature in the 7 series IBERT core and manages the data locally inside the FPGA or one of the ARM® dual-core Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ processors, displaying the data on an HDMI monitor or over Ethernet to a remote monitoring station. Typically, other scanning tools measure signals off-chip and require costly test and measurement equipment or transfer the data back over JTAG to be viewed on a host/development PC in the lab.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV