NAPERVILLE, Ill. and LONDON, Oct. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Calamos Investments ®*, a globally diversified investment management firm, released its quarterly Global Economic Review and Outlook. The outlook provides the firm's views on the current economic environment and discusses factors that may affect the global markets and investing opportunities and risks. Calamos invites you to read the entire October 2013 Global Economic Review and Outlook at www.calamos.com/outlook.
Topics include the following:
- Our global outlook remains one of cautious optimism.
- We expect continued market volatility on the back of debt-ceiling negotiations and other global political uncertainties.
- We believe it is highly unlikely that the U.S. government defaults on its debt, and expect continued moderate U.S. economic growth.
- We are increasingly constructive on Europe and believe signs coming out of Japan have been encouraging.
- The U.S. equity market looks to be in the mid-cycle of a secular bull market, with more room to expand. Valuations are especially attractive for growth-oriented U.S. equities.
Calamos Investments is a diversified global investment firm offering innovative investment strategies including equity, fixed income, convertible and alternative investments, among others. The firm offers strategies through separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, closed-end funds, private funds and UCITS funds. Clients include major corporations, pension funds, endowments, foundations and individuals, as well as the financial advisors and consultants who serve them. Headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area, the firm also has offices in London and New York.For more information, please visit www.calamos.com. This material is distributed for informational purposes only. The opinions referenced are as of the date of publication and are subject to change due to changes in the market or economic conditions and may not necessarily come to pass. Information contained herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice.