BETHESDA, Md., Oct. 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SCMP) ("Sucampo") today announced the presentation of three posters evaluating AMITIZA® (lubiprostone) in opioid-induced constipation (OIC). Two posters will be presented at the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) Annual Scientific Meeting in San Diego, California on October 13 and 15, 2013, and the third poster will be presented at the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Annual Meeting in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Wednesday, October 16, 2013.
AMITIZA is the world's first chloride channel activator that increases intestinal fluid secretion, softens stools, and increases intraluminal fluid volume to initiate colonic transit and improve bowel function independent of motility, thereby facilitating the passage of stool and alleviating symptoms associated with chronic constipation. AMITIZA, via activation of apical ClC-2 channels in the intestinal epithelium, bypasses the antisecretory action of opiates.
ACGThe first poster listed below will be presented by Dr. Byron Cryer, lead author and Professor of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, from 3:30 to 7:00 PM PT on Sunday, October 13, 2013. The second poster will be presented by Dr. Shadreck Mareya, Sucampo's Director of Clinical Program Management, on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM PT:
- Spontaneous Bowel Movement Frequency Is Improved Over 12 Weeks of Lubiprostone Therapy in Opioid-Induced Constipation Patients Regardless of Gender, Age, or Race: Pooled Analysis of Three Well-Controlled Studies (Byron Cryer, MD, FACG, Shadreck Mareya, PhD, Taryn Joswick, BS, PMP, Gayle Dolecek, PD, MPH, Yijun Sun, PhD, Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD) Poster 493
- Lubiprostone Effectively Relieves Opioid-Induced Constipation in Patients Using Non-Diphenylheptane Opioids for Non-Cancer Pain: Pooled Analysis of 3 Randomized Controlled Trials (Shadreck Mareya, PhD, Douglas A. Drossman, MD, MACG, Taryn Joswick, BS, PMP, Gayle Dolecek, PD, MPH, Yijun Sun, PhD, Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD) Poster 1687
- Lubiprostone for Treatment of Opioid-Induced Constipation Does Not Interfere With Opioid Analgesic Effects in Patients With Non-Cancer Pain (Egilius L. H. Spierings, MD, PhD, Taryn Joswick, BS, PMP, Shadreck Mareya, PhD, Yijun Sun, PhD, Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD) Poster 137
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV