BETHESDA, Md., Oct. 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SCMP) ("Sucampo") today announced the presentation of three posters evaluating AMITIZA® (lubiprostone) in opioid-induced constipation (OIC). Two posters will be presented at the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) Annual Scientific Meeting in San Diego, California on October 13 and 15, 2013, and the third poster will be presented at the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Annual Meeting in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Wednesday, October 16, 2013.
AMITIZA is the world's first chloride channel activator that increases intestinal fluid secretion, softens stools, and increases intraluminal fluid volume to initiate colonic transit and improve bowel function independent of motility, thereby facilitating the passage of stool and alleviating symptoms associated with chronic constipation. AMITIZA, via activation of apical ClC-2 channels in the intestinal epithelium, bypasses the antisecretory action of opiates.
ACGThe first poster listed below will be presented by Dr. Byron Cryer, lead author and Professor of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, from 3:30 to 7:00 PM PT on Sunday, October 13, 2013. The second poster will be presented by Dr. Shadreck Mareya, Sucampo's Director of Clinical Program Management, on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM PT:
- Spontaneous Bowel Movement Frequency Is Improved Over 12 Weeks of Lubiprostone Therapy in Opioid-Induced Constipation Patients Regardless of Gender, Age, or Race: Pooled Analysis of Three Well-Controlled Studies (Byron Cryer, MD, FACG, Shadreck Mareya, PhD, Taryn Joswick, BS, PMP, Gayle Dolecek, PD, MPH, Yijun Sun, PhD, Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD) Poster 493
- Lubiprostone Effectively Relieves Opioid-Induced Constipation in Patients Using Non-Diphenylheptane Opioids for Non-Cancer Pain: Pooled Analysis of 3 Randomized Controlled Trials (Shadreck Mareya, PhD, Douglas A. Drossman, MD, MACG, Taryn Joswick, BS, PMP, Gayle Dolecek, PD, MPH, Yijun Sun, PhD, Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD) Poster 1687
- Lubiprostone for Treatment of Opioid-Induced Constipation Does Not Interfere With Opioid Analgesic Effects in Patients With Non-Cancer Pain (Egilius L. H. Spierings, MD, PhD, Taryn Joswick, BS, PMP, Shadreck Mareya, PhD, Yijun Sun, PhD, Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD) Poster 137
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts