MUMBAI, India and DALLAS, October 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Aegis Limited, a global outsourcing and technology services company announced today that it has been recognized with the distinctive HR Excellence Award 2013 by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Aegis was selected as the 2013 winner for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion for its Six-Dimensional Diversity Framework encompassing a collective mixture of individual and organizational characteristics, values, beliefs, experiences, backgrounds, preferences and behaviors.
SHRM is world's leading professional, not-for-profit Human Resource association. It provides a platform for thought leadership, sharing of best practices and professional networking within the global HR communities in order to take the profession higher through continuous and collaborative learning.SM Gupta, Global Chief People Officer at Aegis said "We consider this recognition as an acknowledgement of our efforts towards creating a diverse and inclusive organization, and it inspires us to set higher standards in the industry. This award further reflects the organization's utmost commitment to diversity and inclusivity across all practices and partnerships" "Creating a culture of Diversity and Inclusion has become a business imperative to boost creativity, innovation and the organisation's bottom line. This honor demonstrates our investment on creating the value for our Employees, Customers and Shareholders" said Sandip Sen, Global CEO, Aegis Limited. Aegis' Six-Dimensional Diversity and Inclusion framework identifies six unique facets and has therefore accomplished key targets in this endeavor across all its 56 centers and over 55,000 people globally.
- Employed 1.76% of the total global workforce as People with Disabilities (PwDs)
- 35% of the total global workforce as Socially & Economically Disadvantaged People
- Significant focus on Inclusion of Indigenous People with over 96% in each region where Aegis operates in
- Involvement of Mature Age People is at 3.92% of total global workforce
- Employing 92 nationalities speaking 79 languages across 13 countries
- Global Gender Inclusivity is at 57:43 (male: female)