5 Industries Banking on Your Columbus Day Weekend
In the northern parts of the Lower 48 states, October and Columbus Day in particular mean a great deal to family farms and u-pick farms that rely on a cozy little niche of agritourism to get them through.
Call those u-pick orchards and pumpkin patches and sideshows such as hayrides, corn mazes, cider (cold and hot) and cider doughnuts trite if you'd like, but for some farms it's more than 80% of their revenue for the year.To anyone who's waited until mid-October to pick bagfuls of Macouns, Romes, Cameos, Liberties or Fujis or to brave farm stands full of families to get their hands on a fresh fritter, there's no question where all that Columbus Day income is coming from or going.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV