SINGAPORE, Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Five executives from energy companies in India, China, Thailand and the Philippines have been selected as finalists for Platts' first-ever Asia CEO of the Year award, which recognizes excellence in energy industry leadership in the Asia-Pacific region. As finalists, these business leaders are also eligible for "CEO of the Year," a prestigious honor bestowed as part of the annual Platts Global Energy Awards.
The five finalists are:
- Mr. P. Elango, chief executive officer, Cairn India Limited, India
- Mr. Li Fanrong, chief executive officer, CNOOC Limited, China
- Mr. Oscar Reyes, chief executive officer, president and director, Manila Electric Co., Philippines
- Mr. Sudhir Vasudeva, chairman, managing director and head of Offshore Oil & Gas Fields, Oil & Natural Gas Corp Ltd, India
- Dr. Pailin Chuchottaworn, president and chief executive officer, PTT Public Company Limited, Thailand
The finalists, chosen by an independent panel of judges, hold senior leadership positions at Asian enterprises that are included on the 2013 Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings™. This annual list of the most financially successful companies in the industry will be unveiled at gala dinner in Singapore on October 29 along with the winner of Platts' first "Asia CEO of the Year" honors.
"This new award is a natural extension of the Top 250 Rankings. Now, in addition to recognizing corporate achievement, we are honoring individual accomplishment and singling out a senior executive who exemplifies leadership, conviction, dedication and the ability to bring about positive organizational change," said Patsy Wurster, director, Platts Strategic Media, and organizer of the Platts Top 250 Asia Awards Dinner.More than 300 energy executives are expected to attend this year's dinner which will be held at The Fullerton Singapore. The dinner will feature a keynote address by International Energy Agency (IEA) Director for Energy Markets and Security Keisuke Sadamori as well as the announcement of the "Asia CEO of the Year" award and Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings. To be included on the Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings, companies must be publicly listed and have assets greater than U.S. $5.0 billion. Now in its 12 th year, the annual roster reflects financial performance based on asset worth, revenues, profits and return on invested capital. The list also ranks companies by industry sector and region and names the 50 fastest-growing companies. Attendance at Platts Top 250 Asia Awards Dinner is open to all companies with business interests in the Asia-Pacific region and to energy companies worldwide. Accredited media may attend as Platts' guests with advanced registration. Television cameras are welcome. To sponsor the Platts Top 250 Asia Awards Dinner, visit this link. The Platts Top 250 Rankings are based on data compiled and maintained by S&P Capital IQ, which, like Platts, is a part of McGraw Hill Financial.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV