SAN DIEGO and CAMBRIDGE, Ohio, Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shareholder rights attorneys at Robbins Arroyo LLP are investigating the acquisition of Camco Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: CAFI) by Huntington Bancshares Incorporated (NASDAQ: HBAN).
Learn more about our investigation on our Shareholder Rights Blog: http://www.robbinsarroyo.com/shareholders-rights-blog/camco-financial-corporation/
On October 10, 2013, Huntington and Camco jointly announced the signing of a definitive merger agreement under which Huntington will acquire Camco in a cash and stock transaction. Under the terms of the agreement, Camco shareholders will receive 0.7264 shares of Huntington common stock, or $6.00 in cash, for each share of common stock, subject to proration provisions specified in the merger agreement that provide for a targeted aggregate split of total consideration of 80% common stock and 20% cash. The boards of both companies have unanimously approved the merger agreement. The transaction is expected to close in the first half of 2014.Is the Merger Best for Camco and Its Shareholders? Robbins Arroyo LLP's investigation focuses on whether the board of directors at Camco is undertaking a fair process to obtain maximum value and adequately compensate Camco shareholders in the merger. As an initial matter, the $6.00 consideration represents a one month premium of only 44.93% based on Camco's closing price on September 10, 2013. That premium is well below the average one month premium of over 56% for comparable transactions in the last three years. Moreover, Camco is currently experiencing success and growth in its business prospects, as indicated in its July 29, 2013 press release, announcing the company's financial results for its second quarter of 2013, reporting record earnings, core deposits, and noninterest income. In particular, Camco reported:
- record net earnings of $6.2 million, or $0.42 per diluted share for the quarter, an increase of 1140% in dollar value of the net increase and an increase of 600% per diluted share over the same quarter in 2012.
- core deposits of $325.2 million for the quarter, an increase of 6% compared to the same quarter in 2012.
- noninterest income of $2.1 million, an increase of 23% compared to the same quarter in 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts