SAN DIEGO and RADNOR, Pa., Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shareholder rights attorneys at Robbins Arroyo LLP are investigating the acquisition of PVR Partners, L.P. (NYSE: PVR) by Regency Energy Partners LP (NYSE: RGP).
Learn more about our investigation on our Shareholder Rights Blog: http://www.robbinsarroyo.com/shareholders-rights-blog/pvr-partners-l-p/
On October 10, 2013, Regency and PVR announced that their respective boards of directors have unanimously approved a definitive merger agreement, pursuant to which Regency will acquire PVR. Under the terms of the agreement, holders of PVR units will receive 1.02 common units of Regency – valued at $28.68 - for each PVR unit held, as well as a one-time cash payment at closing of the merger estimated at approximately $40 million in the aggregate. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2014.Is the Merger Best for PVR and Its Unit Holders? Robbins Arroyo LLP's investigation focuses on whether the board of directors at PVR is undertaking a fair process to obtain maximum value and adequately compensate PVR's unit holders in the merger. As an initial matter, the $28.68 consideration represents a one month premium of only 15.93% based on PVR's closing price on September 10, 2013. That premium is significantly below the median one-month premium of over 37% for comparable transactions in the last three years. Moreover, PVR is currently experiencing success and growth in its business prospects, as indicated in its July 24, 2013 press release, announcing the company's financial results for the second quarter 2013, reporting an increase in Adjusted Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization ("EBITDA") and Distributable Cash Flow ("DCF").
- PVR reported adjusted EBITDA of $76.1 million for the quarter, an increase of 33.5% compared to the same quarter in 2012.
- PVR reported $49 million DCF, an increase of 48.9% compared to the same quarter in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV