Underlying credit trends continue to improve. The bank said it expects to release $150 million in reserves in its card and auto loan division in the fourth quarter. It also expects to release more mortgage reserves if charge offs continue to trend down.
The bank reported a Basel III Tier I Common Capital of 9.3% at the end of the third quarter. Management said during the media call that it still plans to finish the year with a target of 9.5%.
It also said that the bank's legal issues would not interfere with its plans to buy back shares or pay dividend.
Buybacks would still be largely dependent on the stock price and the bank's internal capital targets, Dimon said in the media call.-- Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @shavenk
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV