Mutual funds or ETFs
Often investors own funds which hold individual stocks. If that is the case, learn more about the funds. In the prospectus of the fund, it will list every single stock position along with an investment philosophy. Because you are a paying customer of these fund families, you have every right to contact them to ask if they are considering the integration of any environmental or social screen within the fund. If they say no, you can ask them why not.
Though a component of the overall finance world, where we bank can also be a sustainable investment decision. For instance, some banks are still lending to companies involved in mountaintop removal coal mining. One report, the Annual Coal Finance Report Card, provides bank customers with a list of the banks involved in such lending.Investing ideas We compiled a list of stocks based on data from our partner CSRHub, searching for those names with high environmental ratings. First we used CSRHub's database to find publicly traded companies with an environmental score of 70 or higher, meaning they earn high marks for initiatives like environmental policy and reporting, waste management, energy use, and climate change policies. To limit our results, we only included publicly traded businesses that also scored well overall – with a rating of 65 or higher across all categories combined. We were left with three stocks on our list. In due time, perhaps, sustainable and responsible investing will be the norm. Click on the interactive chart below to see data over time. Do you take climate change into consideration when you invest? Use the list below as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (PIR): Operates as an importer and specialty retailer of imported decorative home furnishings and gifts in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Market cap at $2.08B, most recent closing price at $19.70. CSRHub Environmental rating: 86.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV