SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR), a leading provider and innovator of optical communications solutions, today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell its Amplifier and Micro-Optics business (the Business) to II-VI Incorporated (NASDAQ:IIVI) for $88.6 million.
The effective date of the closing is dependent upon the receipt of certain regulatory clearances and is expected to be on or about November 1, 2013. Upon closing, II-VI will pay Oclaro $79.6 million in cash. II-VI previously paid Oclaro $5 million for a 30-day option to buy the Business, which has been credited against the $88.6 million purchase price. The remaining $4 million will be held by II-VI subject to traditional post-closing conditions."The sale of our amplifier business to II-VI is another important milestone in Oclaro's reinvention and return to financial stability," said Greg Dougherty, Oclaro CEO. "This transaction is another validation of the value of our technology, intellectual property and, most importantly, our people. The infusion of cash from our recent transactions with II-VI are critical catalysts to further our restructuring and turnaround plans." In connection with the agreement, II-VI has purchased the amplifier and related subsystems business, and its micro-optics product lines, including intellectual property, inventory and equipment. II-VI will also hire approximately 145 employees of Oclaro, primarily located in Horseheads, NY, San Jose, CA and Shanghai, China. Revenues for the Business were approximately $94 million for the fiscal year ended June 29, 2013. Service agreements will be established between the companies to ensure a smooth transition for our customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV