CHICAGO, Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Professional Diversity Network, Inc. (Nasdaq: IPDN), the leading online network of US diversity recruitment sites, announced today that it will host its inaugural Professional Diversity Networking Conference in Chicago, Illinois. The conference, which will be held on Thursday, November 7, 2013 from 2:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. at Chicago's historic Navy Pier, offers strategic career development opportunities for African American, Asian American and Hispanic American professionals, as well as Veterans, professionals with disabilities and members of the LGBT community.
The conference is one of Professional Diversity Network's (PDN) ongoing initiatives designed to connect talented candidates with employers that are actively seeking to hire diverse professionals. PDN's targeted platforms also provide companies with opportunities to identify and recruit top talent, engage passive employees and strengthen their reputation as an inclusive place to work. Participating companies at the Chicago event include Accenture, Boeing and PNC Bank.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' June 2012 report, the US total diversity labor force currently exceeds 56 million individuals, or approximately 36% of the participating workforce.
"Career advancement directly relates to the quality of the professional network you cultivate," said Jim Kirsch, Chief Executive Officer of Professional Diversity Network. "Events like this help the Company significantly expand its visibility in a rapidly growing marketplace, and to provide diverse Chicago and Midwest area professionals with face-to-face access to key decision makers at world-class organizations. The event also is added-value for employers that utilize PDN to help discover new talent and meet both governmental and professional diversity compliance standards."In addition to networking opportunities, conference highlights include hands-on leadership sessions and a keynote address by Steve Pemberton , recently named among the "Top 20 Chief Diversity Officers" by Fortune Magazine. The conference will culminate with the UPTOWN Professional Catalyst Awards, which honors individuals who have demonstrated an unwavering commitment to diversity. 2013 Chicago Catalyst honorees include:
- Pat Harris – Director, External Diversity Partnerships, McDonald's Corporation
- Billy Dexter – Managing Director and Partner, Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc.
- Orlando Ashord – Chief HR and Communications Officer, Mercer
- Gloria Castillo – President, Chicago United
- Cheryl Pearson-McNeil – Senior Vice President of Public Affairs, Nielsen
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV