BOISE, Idaho, Oct. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Micron Technology, Inc., (Nasdaq:MU) today announced results of operations for its fourth quarter and 2013 fiscal year, which ended August 29, 2013. For the fourth quarter, the company had net income attributable to Micron shareholders of $1.71 billion, or $1.51 per diluted share, on net sales of $2.8 billion. The results for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013 compare to net income of $43 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, on net sales of $2.3 billion for the third quarter of fiscal 2013, and a net loss of $243 million, or ($0.24) per diluted share, on net sales of $2.0 billion for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. For the 2013 fiscal year, the company had net income attributable to Micron shareholders of $1.19 billion, or $1.13 per diluted share, on net sales of $9.1 billion. Cash flows from operations were $1.8 billion for fiscal 2013. The results for fiscal 2013 compare to a net loss of $1.03 billion, or ($1.04) per diluted share, on net sales of $8.2 billion for the 2012 fiscal year.
On July 31, 2013, the company completed its acquisition of Elpida Memory, Inc. and Rexchip Electronics Corporation. The company's results for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013 include $1,484 million, or $1.31 per diluted share, in purchase accounting gains relating to the acquisition and the results of operations of Elpida for the month of August.
"Micron is executing well on multiple fronts with the successful integration of Elpida and ongoing steady development of advanced memory solutions, including our hybrid memory cube that began sampling with key customers this quarter and our second generation family of PCIe enterprise SSD's which recently qualified at a major OEM," said Micron CEO Mark Durcan. "Our product portfolio and systems solutions position us well to compete in the current favorable market environment."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV