Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) today reported that September 2013 net sales were flat compared with last year. Net sales for the five-week period ended October 5, 2013 were $1.46 billion compared with net sales of $1.45 billion for the five-week period ended September 29, 2012.
“While September proved to be somewhat challenging, we remain steadfast in our commitment to deliver on our full-year goals,” said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc.
Due to the 53 rd week in fiscal year 2012, September 2013 comparable sales are compared to the five-week period ended October 6, 2012. On this basis, Gap Inc.’s comparable sales for September 2013 were down 3 percent versus a 6 percent increase for September 2012.
Comparable sales by global brand for September 2013 were as follows:
- Gap Global: negative 3 percent versus positive 3 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: negative 5 percent versus positive 4 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: negative 2 percent versus positive 10 percent last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV