Today, Family Dollar hits a major milestone in its history as the Company opens its 8,000 th store in Lancaster, South Carolina. Much has changed at Family Dollar since the first store opened in Charlotte in 1959, but the unyielding focus of the Company has remained the same–to provide great value and convenience for its customers.
“I’m thrilled to open our 8,000 th store,” said Howard Levine, Family Dollar’s Chairman and CEO. “We have over 200 stores in South Carolina, so it certainly is a great fit for us to open this landmark store in the state. We’ve provided our customers with value and convenience over the last fifty-three years in each of our stores across the country, and we look forward to bringing the same service and quality merchandise to this new store in Lancaster.”
Joe Shaw, Mayor of Lancaster, echoed Levine’s excitement. “Lancaster is proud to have been selected as the site of Family Dollar’s 8,000 th store. We look forward to partnering with Family Dollar to meet the retail needs of our citizens.”
GRAND OPENING FACTS
- When: Thursday, October 10, at 9 a.m.
- Where: 1513 Charlotte Highway, Lancaster, SC 29720
- In Attendance: Howard Levine, Mayor Shaw and Family Dollar officials
- Events: A donation to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina; giveaways from The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo, Inc. and Nestlé Purina PetCare Company; radio remote from 10 a.m. to noon
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts