Alcoa (NYSE:AA) today announced that Graeme Bottger has been named Executive Vice President and President of Global Business Services (GBS). Assistant Controller Robert Collins will succeed Bottger in the role of Vice President and Controller. These changes take effect on October 21 st. Mark Davies, who has been President of GBS since 2012, will be taking a role outside of the Company.
Graeme Bottger has been named Alcoa Executive Vice President and President of Global Business Services. (Photo: Business Wire)
As GBS President, Bottger will oversee Alcoa’s procurement, shared services and information technology organizations. He has held a wide variety of corporate and business unit operational and financial roles since joining Alcoa in 1980.
Collins has been Assistant Controller since 2009 with responsibility for the Company’s global financial accounting policies. He joined Alcoa in 2005.
“Graeme and Bob have successful track records in increasingly challenging roles and are ideally qualified to lead functions critical to Alcoa,” said Klaus Kleinfeld, Alcoa Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Both have been instrumental to the success of our cash sustainability program, which has strengthened Alcoa’s cost structure and balance sheet. These appointments demonstrate Alcoa’s strong talent pipeline.”Bottger was named Controller in July 2010 and has had oversight of the Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis departments that play a key role in enabling Alcoa to be the first major company to report its earnings each quarter. A former Chief Financial Officer of Engineered Products and Solutions, he has also worked in Alcoa’s GBS, procurement, IT and sales organizations in Australia and the United States. He earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce and Computer Science at Australia’s Deakin University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV