DALLAS, Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Television company Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) said today that it will issue a news release regarding its third quarter 2013 earnings on Thursday, October 31, 2013, at 7:30 a.m. Central Daylight Time. On June 13, 2013, Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) and Belo jointly announced that they entered into a definitive merger agreement under which Gannett will acquire all outstanding shares of Belo for $13.75 per share in cash, or approximately $1.5 billion, and will assume $715 million in existing debt for an enterprise transaction value of approximately $2.2 billion. The merger agreement was approved by Belo shareholders at a special meeting held September 25. The transaction is subject to certain regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions. The Company expects the transaction to close by the end of 2013.
About Belo Corp. Television company Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) owns and operates 20 television stations (nine in the top 25 markets) and their associated websites. Belo stations, which include affiliations with ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and the CW, reach more than 14 percent of U.S. television households in 15 markets. Belo stations rank first or second in nearly all of their local markets. Additional information is available at www.belo.com or by contacting Paul Fry, vice president/Investor Relations & Assistant Treasurer, at 214-977-4465.
SOURCE Belo Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV