You don't have to be an expert technical analyst to figure out what's going on in shares of Visa ( V) right now. The preeminent payment network is currently bouncing higher in a well-defined uptrend that's propelled shares since the start of 2013. This week, with shares testing that trendline support level for an eighth time, we're coming up on an ideal time to be a buyer.
But don't buy shares of Visa anticipating a move higher. Instead, wait for the bounce. Buying off a support bounce makes sense for two big reasons: it's the spot where shares have the furthest to move up before they hit resistance, and it's the spot where the risk is the least (because shares have the least room to move lower before you know you're wrong). And by actually waiting for the bounce to happen first, you're ensuring the Visa can actually still catch a bid along that line.Remember, trendlines do eventually fail, and when this one does, you don't want to be holding the bag. We could very well get our bounce today in Visa. If you decide to buy, keep a tight stop in place.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV