Document solutions firm Xerox ( XRX) has been quietly working its way higher since the start of 2013; year-to-date, the stock is up 50%. But the trend is far from over. Here's how to trade new highs in Xerox.
Right now, Xerox is forming an ascending triangle pattern, a bullish price setup that's formed by horizontal resistance to the upside at $10.50 and uptrending support below shares. Basically, as XRX bonces in between those two technical levels, it's getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout through that $10.50 level. When it happens, traders have a buy signal in shares.Momentum, measured by 14-day RSI, adds some extra confidence to more upside in Xerox. The momentum gauge has been in an uptrend itself since the pattern started forming. If you decide to be a buyer on the breakout above $10.50, I'd recommend keeping a protective stop underneath the 50-day moving average. It's been a great proxy for support all the way up.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV