PALO ALTO, Calif., Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mynd Calendar, the powerful mobile "smart calendar" from Alminder Inc., was named winner of the "Best B2C Solution" at The Perfect Trip DevCon 2013 on October 2, 2013 in San Francisco. Sponsored by Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR), the leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions, The Perfect Trip DevCon 2013 brought together hundreds of leading innovators and entrepreneurs who are developing next-generation business travel solutions. Mynd Calendar was one of eight finalists for $100,000 in awards, taking home its prize for providing business travelers with a contextually aware mobile "smart calendar" that leverages artificial intelligence to make busy people's lives easier at home, at work, and on the road.
"We are honored to be named Best Business to Consumer solution by such an esteemed group of judges," said Max Wheeler, CEO of Alminder, Inc. maker of Mynd Calendar. "This is great validation of Mynd Calendar and the strong value that our app delivers to busy people, including business travelers."
"We believe the business travel market presents an amazing opportunity for developers," said Tim MacDonald, executive vice president of Platform & Data Services at Concur. "By leveraging our open platform and the Concur App Center, we are enabling developers to tap into the business travel market which is estimated to be more than $1 trillion annually. Innovators like Mynd Calendar exemplify the kinds of solutions that we see providing immediate tangible value to business travelers and corporations worldwide."
The Perfect Trip DevCon showcased the Concur Open Platform, which provides access to more than 20 million business travelers and 18,000 companies worldwide, who leverage Concur's solutions for their travel and expense solutions including flight, hotel and car bookings, expense report automation, invoicing and compliance requirements. Through the Concur Perfect Trip Fund, Concur awarded $100,000 in awards to the top apps for the business travel and expense market. The Perfect Trip DevCon 2013 winners were selected by industry experts including: Rich Barton, founder of Expedia, Zillow, Glassdoor, Trover and a partner at Benchmark Capital; Chris Hemmeter, Managing Director of Thayer Ventures; and John Torrey, Executive Vice President of Corporate Strategy at Concur.Mynd Calendar's sophisticated algorithms identify the places that users drive within the content of their calendar events and accurately predicts, in advance, how much buffer time should be scheduled between meetings, given the typical traffic at that time of day. As appointments draw near, Mynd Calendar tells users when to leave for meetings, based on current traffic conditions and launches the user's preferred navigation app to get them from point A to B on time. It also:
- Notifies users when they're running late and enables them to quickly email, call or text the people who need to know from the calendar.
- Automatically identifies conference call numbers and codes and facilitates one-click dial-in.
- Discovers the people listed in calendar events and displays their LinkedInprofile information.
- Pulls in relevant Evernote notes into the calendar, making meeting preparation a breeze.
- Delivers weather forecasts for current and anticipated locations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV