YOQNEAM, Israel, Oct. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Given Imaging Ltd, (Nasdaq:GIVN), a world leader in gastrointestinal medical devices and pioneer of capsule endoscopy, today announced that more than 150 studies confirming the value of Given Imaging's portfolio of extensive products in detecting and monitoring gastrointestinal diseases will be presented during the upcoming American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting and Post Graduate Course and United European Gastroenterology Week (UEG Week).
"With the approval of PillCam COLON and PillCam SB 3 in Japan and the clearance of PillCam SB 3 in the U.S., 2013 has been a milestone year for Given Imaging. We expect this momentum to continue to be fueled by positive data presented at these conferences confirming existing and new product indications," said Homi Shamir, president and CEO, Given Imaging. "A wide range of data, including ten PillCam COLON studies, underscore our leadership in detecting and monitoring GI diseases, including colorectal cancer, Crohn's disease, obscure GI bleeding and gastroparesis."
The 2013 American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific MeetingGiven Imaging will be at booth #1200 at ACG taking place October 11 - 16, 2013 in San Diego, California. Key abstracts being presented during the meeting include: PillCam ® SB capsule endoscopy:
- "Capsule Endoscopy (CE) Can Improve Outcomes in Crohn's Disease: An Evaluation of Pre- and Post-treatment CE" (poster 426) presented by Dr. Neel K. Mann and Dr. Simon Lo on Sunday, October 13 from 3:30 – 7 p.m. PDT.
- "Four-Day Two-Phase Wireless pH Monitoring for Evaluation of Esophageal Symptoms Refractory to High Dose PPI: Utility in Clinical Practice" (poster 14) presented by Dr. Louis Wilson on Sunday, October 13 from 3:30 – 7 p.m. PDT.
- "Clinical Utility and Diagnostic Yield of 165 Wireless Capsule Studies at a Tertiary Referral Center" (poster 1684) presented by Dr. Zubin Arora on Tuesday, October 15 from 10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. PDT.
- "Alterations in Esophageal Function on High Resolution Esophageal Manometry in the Elderly" (poster 1216) presented by Dr. Stephanie Worrell on Tuesday, October 15 from 10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. PDT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV