LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Oct. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Windstream Hosted Solutions, one of the nation's premier providers of enterprise-class managed hosted solutions, celebrated the opening of its Nashville, Tenn., data center last night, with exclusive tours of the facility and a reception at The Factory in Franklin, Tenn.
The new 22,000-square-foot, Tier 3-certified facility is the latest expansion in Windstream's nationwide network of data centers, accommodating the company's full suite of cloud computing, data storage and managed services. Leveraging its core nationwide IP network to provide a full suite of advanced network communications and technology solutions—including voice and data services such as VoIP, SIP trunking, MPLS and dedicated high-speed Internet—Windstream is uniquely positioned to be an end-to-end solutions provider for Nashville business customers, helping them manage IT resources and reduce costs.
Guests were treated to a private concert by Florida Georgia Line, the breakout duo made up of Brian Kelley (Ormond Beach, Fla.) and Tyler Hubbard (Monroe, Ga.)."As more companies realize the benefits of cloud-based services, the demand for the industry-leading solutions that Windstream provides has skyrocketed," said Chris Nicolini, Windstream senior vice president of data center operations. "Our data centers are built to the highest specifications, and with the level of smart solutions and personalized service that Windstream offers, our Nashville data center customers are afforded the most secure and solid service available." The data center boasts impressive features, which were highlighted during last night's exclusive tour:
- 10,000 sq. ft. of raised floor data center space;
- Tier 3 modular design for easy capacity expansion as needed;
- Secure customer cages and cabinets;
- 24x7 onsite support Network Operations Center (NOC) and engineering staff, providing facilities and network monitoring, security, and support;
- Multiple zone VESDA early warning systems for fire detection and suppression;
- Biometric security systems, including fingerprint scanning;
- Redundant A-side and B-side power feeds for each customer cabinet along with modular 1,200kW high-efficiency Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) systems;
- Two redundant 2,000kW Cummings generators each with 4,000 gallons of fuel; storage
- 2,500kVA of utility capacity expandable to 12,000kVA; and
- Outside air economization with integrated controls for high efficiency.