CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) today announced it has been named a “Leader” in every category of a market analysis report on access management and federation recently issued by KuppingerCole, a leading analyst firm focused on identity-centric information security.
In the “
Leadership Compass: Access Management and Federation
” report, CA Technologies was named a leader in market, product, and innovation categories. The report specifically examined
CA SiteMinder® Federation
, solutions which help companies authenticate and control single sign-on access to Web applications and portals using open standards.
The report evaluated 13 access management and federation products in five key areas, and was written by Martin Kuppinger, founder and principal analyst at KuppingerCole.
CA SiteMinder was rated a “Strong Positive” in the areas of security, functionality, integration and usability, and it received a “Positive” rating in interoperability.
“CA SiteMinder and CA SiteMinder Federation are amongst the leading products in the Access Management and Federation market, being mature and widely deployed,” Kuppinger wrote in the report.
Kuppinger also stated, “CA Technologies has a good partner base for these products and delivers leading-edge support for heterogeneous IT infrastructures. This makes the products a clear pick for shortlists when looking for Access Management and Federation products.”
“Successful businesses today operate in a highly collaborative, hybrid environment made up of employees, partners and customers working across technologies that span cloud, mobile, social and the on-premises data center,” said Mike Denning, general manager, Security, CA Technologies. “CA SiteMinder and CA CloudMinder Single Sign-On are designed to deliver interoperable, standards-based solutions to manage and control the access of hundreds of millions of users in a complex, hybrid IT environment. We’re proud to have been recognized by KuppingerCole for those capabilities.”
For more information on the report, please visit the
. To learn more about CA Technologies Access Management solutions, visit
For additional analyst reports in which CA Technologies was positioned as a “Leader” for its Security solutions, visit:
- Kuppinger Cole, “Leadership Compass: Access Governance,” March 8, 2013.
- Kuppinger Cole, “ Leadership Compass: Identity Provisioning,” October 15, 2012.
- Gartner, Inc., “ Magic Quadrant for User Authentication,” Ant Allan, March 7, 2013.*
- Gartner, Inc., “ Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning,” Earl Perkins, December 27, 2012.*
- Gartner, Inc., “ Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance,” Earl Perkins, December 17, 2012.*
- Gartner, Inc., “ Content-Aware Data Loss Prevention,” Eric Ouellet, January 3, 2013.*
- Gartner, Inc., “ Application Services Governance,” Paolo Malinverno, August 8, 2013.*
- Forrester Research, Inc., " The Forrester Wave™: Identity and Access Management Suites, Q3 2013," September 4, 2013.
- Forrester Research, Inc., “ The Forrester Wave™: API Management Platforms, Q1 2013,” February 5, 2013.
- Forrester Research, Inc., “ The Forrester Wave™ Risk-Based Authentication, Q1 2012,” February 15, 2012.
*Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.