RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. and LOS ANGELES, Oct. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TotipotentRX Corporation and ThermoGenesis Corp. (Nasdaq:KOOL) today announced two upcoming presentations at a pre-conference symposium of the American Association of Blood Banks Annual Meeting in Denver, CO on Sunday, October 13 th at 1:30 pm (MDT). The first presentation will be initial results data from TotipotentRX's 24 month case study (Pilot Safety Trial) using its stem cell combination product AMIRST therapy in patients with acute myocardial infarction. The second presentation will be given on the post-transplant survival and engraftment rates of pediatric patients receiving mismatched (allogeneic) bone marrow transplants processed with the ThermoGenesis MXP ® MarrowXpress ® stem cell processing technology. The presentations will be given by Kenneth Harris, Study Director and CEO of TotipotentRX.
In July 2013, ThermoGenesis and TotipotentRX entered into a definitive merger agreement to form Cesca Therapeutics, and ThermoGenesis is planning to file its Registration Statement on Form S-4 within three to four weeks. Upon approval by shareholders of both companies and meeting other conditions, Cesca Therapeutics will be a leading autologous cell therapeutics company, having three lead therapy candidates in Phase I/II and II/III stages in cardiovascular and orthopedic diseases.
About ThermoGenesis Corp.ThermoGenesis Corp. ( www.thermogenesis.com ) is a leader in developing and manufacturing automated blood and bone marrow processing systems and companion disposable products that enable the separation, processing and preservation of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- The BioArchive ® System, an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries for cryopreserving and archiving cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
- AXP ® AutoXpress ® Platform (AXP), a proprietary family of automated devices that includes the AXP and the MXP ® MarrowXpress ® and companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting stem cells in closed systems. The AXP device is used for the processing of cord blood. The MXP is used for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells from bone marrow aspirates in the laboratory setting.
- The Res-Q TM 60 (Res-Q), a point-of-care system designed for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates and whole blood for platelet rich plasma (PRP).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts